The Chillout Album
Coco, Steel & Lovebomb last got together in 1994 to make an album for Warp Records called It. 20 years later, on mid summers day, the enigmatic trio return with The Chillout Album, a kind of homage to 90s chillout rooms and lost weekends at festivals.
The tracks were made in a series of late night sessions in various south London studios under the heavy influence of many crackly vinyl spins of classic albums by Eno, KLF and Laraaji; with label mates Deekie, James McArthur and Haraket popping in to contribute too.
This is 44 minutes and 44 seconds of melodies and grooves interwoven with found sound and analogue noise, making one long, immersive piece that demands repeat listening.
The Chillout Album will be released on June 21, mid summer's day, CD and Digital released on the 14th July, on Melodica Recordings.
To celebrate the release and the summer, one third of the band, DJ Chris Coco will be DJing an extended ambient version of the album at Heaven, Glastonbury Festival on Friday June 27 and the Ambient Forest at Bestival on Friday 5 September and Festival No 6 on Sunday 7 September.
Mixed by Chris Coco at Freedom Street, London.
Mastered by Eugene @ Cromon.
Artwork by DR.ME (www.dr-me.com)
01. Written by Mellor / Puttnam. Keys by Sacha Puttnam.
02. Written by Mellor / Amane / Deekie. Keys by Amane.
03. Written by Mellor / Cornu. Guitar by Nick Cornu.
04. Written by Haraket / Mellor. Vocals by Abigail Hardiman. Music by Haraket.
05. Written by Mellor.
06. Written by Deekie / Mellor / Haraket / Amane. Keys by Amane. Music by Haraket.
07. Written by Deekie / Mellor / Putnam / O'Sullivan. Vocals by Anita Awbi. Pedal Steel by John O'Sullivan.
08. Written by Mellor / Puttnam / Traynor. Keys by Sacha Puttnam. Guitar by Chris Traynor.
09. Written by Mellor / Deekie.
10. Written by Mellor.
11. Written by Mellor.
12. Written by Mellor.
13. Written by McArthur / Mellor. Pedal Steel by John O'Sullivan. Guitar & Vocals by James McArthur.
14. Written by Deekie / Mellor. Pedal Steel by John O'Sullivan.
Published by Copyright Control.